Christmas Broccoli Salad
Photo by Sally Greer
A festive coloured salad that is bursting with goodness.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Prepare the capsicums by removing stalks and seeds and cutting into large bite sized pieces.
- Toss capsicums in a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper and place on an oven tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and just starting to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To blanch vegetables: bring a large pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Place the asparagus in the boiling water for approximately 40 seconds.
- Then refresh in iced cold water, drain and set aside. Repeat the process with the broccoli and beans, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Blanching will leave your vegetables crunchy, so if you prefer a softer bite, boil for slightly longer.
- Ensure all the vegetables are drained well. Pat dry with
- a clean cloth if necessary.
- In a large serving bowl or platter, place all the vegetables together with the almonds, feta, and basil dressing and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.