Corn Salsa Slaw Wrap
Photo by Sophie Barclay
Carrot Cabbage Beet Slaw
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Chickpeas, can, drained and reserve liquid|
|1||Garlic cloves, peeled and grated|
|½ tsp||Ground cumin, toasted|
|½ tsp||Ground coriander|
|1 tbsp||Sunflower oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Corn Avocado Salsa
- Carrot Cabbage Beet Slaw: Place all the slaw ingredients into a bowl and toss with a splash of oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Hummus: Place all ingredients into a blender and process – adding the reserved liquid gradually to achieve a smooth consistency. Taste for seasoning.
- Corn Avocado Salsa: In a large bowl cut the cooked corn off the cobs and then add all the other ingredients, mix gently to combine and season to taste.
- Wrap Assembly: Place the wrap down on a flat surface, slather on some hummus close to the edge, add the slaw on top and spoon on the salsa.
- Fold over and roll and wrap. Toast if you like or just cut in half and serve. Add a little more salsa on the side if you like. Delicious.
Tip: Use the large wrap breads that you can find in the supermarket- great flavours like spinach and sun-dried tomato. The wraps can be heated in a pan or toasted after you have assembled them. (Make sure you check the ingredients to avoid palm oil, which some supermarket wraps contain.)
Pack the wraps with heaps of slaw – they are delicious.
The slaw recipe you can change to suit your tastes – add toasted seeds or nuts to mix it up.
Roasted pumpkin wedges are also great in a wrap.
The salsa and hummus recipe make a larger amount that you can then store in your refrigerator and use through the week.