Apple and Date Puddings
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|60 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Muscavado sugar, or brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||Golden syrup|
|⅓ cup||Dates, chopped|
|100 g||Butter, melted|
|½ tsp||Orange, zest|
|⅓ cup||Self raising flour|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|¼ cup||Muscavado sugar, firmly packed or brown sugar|
|1||Apple, small. peeled, cored and finely diced|
|1 to serve||Cream, or vanilla ice cream|
- Place 4 moulds (we used ramekins) in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the 60g of butter, muscovado or brown sugar and golden syrup into a food processor.
- Process until combined or mix the ingredients together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Using a palette knife, spread the mixture evenly inside each ramekin or mould.
- Place the ramekins or moulds back in the freezer until you need to use them.
- Heat your oven to 170 degC on bake or 150 degC on fan bake.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined. Alternatively, mix together in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Cover them with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes. Turn out onto plates and serve with cream and/or vanilla ice cream.
Tip: Muscovado sugar gives an extra intensity of flavour, but you can use brown sugar instead