Chicken breasts in Lemon sauce
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Chicken breasts, boneless|
|1||Lemon, finely grated zest and juice|
|1 tbsp||Tarragon, fresh or 1 tsp dried|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|½ cup||Creme fraiche, or sour cream|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan. Add the chicken breasts, skin side down.
- Cook gently without browning on both sides for about 5 minutes in total.
- Sprinkle in the flour. Mix well before adding the lemon zest and juice and tarragon, followed by the chicken stock.
- Cover the saucepan and place over a very gentle heat for 20 minutes so that the sauce barely bubbles.
- Check the chicken breasts are cooked – they should be very firm to the touch and the juices should run clear if a skewer is inserted.
- Stir in the crème fraîche or sour cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper.