Chicken Liver Pate on Toasted Bread
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|100 g||Shallots, finely sliced|
|2 g||Minced Garlic|
|15 g||Fresh thyme, sprigs. tied in a bunch with string|
|150 g||Madeira, dried|
|150 g||Port, ruby|
|75 g||White port|
|400 g||Chicken livers, trimmed weight|
|300 g||Unsalted butter|
- Place the shallots, garlic and thyme in a container with the madeira, ruby and white port and the brandy and set aside overnight to marinate.
- The next day, heat the marinated mixture in a small saucepan until almost all of the liquid has evaporated and only a tablespoon or so remains.
- Stir regularly as the liquid is reducing so nothing sticks and burns on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and then discard the bunch of thyme. Sprinkle the chicken livers with the salt.
- Heat the butter in a pan, saute the livers until they are just pink.
- Add the shallot/garlic reduction. The mixture will be quite wet.
- Blitz all this together in a food processor to make a fine puree, then use a spatula press this puree through a sieve.
- Transfer the sieved puree into a bowl and smooth the top.
- When it is cool, cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight