Beef on Toast
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|100 g||Shallots, finely diced|
|75 g||Gherkins, chopped|
|75 g||Capers, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|30 g||Parsley, chopped|
|200 ml||Olive oil|
|10 drops||Tabasco sauce|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 tsp||Fish sauce, thai|
- Get your butcher to finely mince eye fillet, or slice it into thin slices for carpacio (allow approximately 30g each person).
- Wrap in cling film and pop in the freezer to firm for 10 minutes.
- Slice bread (white or brown) razor thin and bake until crisp.
- Baker piped the toast rectangles with a parfait which, with his permission I've modified to a pate, to make it more home kitchen-friendly.
- Lap the beef over the pate toasts and finish with the dressing.
- Dressing: Blitz the shallots, gherkins, and capers in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Do not make too fine a paste - leave somewhat chunky.
- Alternately, mix by hand. Season and reserve overnight before using.