( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|750 g||Courgettes, finely diced|
|3||Apples, large, chopped|
|2||Red chillies, seeded and diced|
|2 cups||Vinegar, white or malt|
|250 g||Raisins, chopped|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
- Place courgettes in a large strainer and sprinkle with the salt.
- Stand for two hours, rinse under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine courgettes in a large saucepan with apples, onions, chillies, sugar and spices, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal when cold. Makes about 8 cups.