( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|⅓ cup||Caster sugar, plus exta 1 Tbsp|
|1 cup||Espresso coffee, strong|
|¼ cup||Brandy, or masala|
|1||Chocolate, grated for topping|
- In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until pale. Add mascarpone and mix gently through until well blended.
- Whisk egg white until stiff and add second sugar measure. Then gently fold through egg mixture.
- Combine coffee with masala. Dip sponge fingers into coffee and line bottom of a dish roughly 23cm x 15cm.
- Top with half the mascarpone mixture, then repeat the layers.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least a few hours. Grate chocolate generously over top and serve.