sealord - Tuna & Egg Quiche
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Flaky pastry, slab|
|185 g||Sealord Chunk Style Tuna in brine|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to taste||Fresh chives, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured work bench to a rectangle 30x25cm.
- Cut a centimetre wide strip from each side.
- Brush the base with beaten egg and place strips along the edge of each side to create and double layered edge.
- Trim away any overlaps. Brush the pastry strips with beaten egg.
- Drain the tuna and crumble evenly onto the pastry avoiding the double layered edge.
- Add on the black olives. Slice the tomatoes in half and place evenly around the olives and tuna.
- Break the eggs over the top, piercing them so the yolks run into all the corners.
- Use the remaining beaten egg to fill any gaps. Season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the egg has cooked through.
- To serve, slice into even squares