Cheesy Baked Bean Fritters with Ham & Eggs
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Ham, thickly sliced|
|1 cup||Tomato, chopped|
|½||Spring onion, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Fresh basil, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ can||Baked beans|
|½ tsp||Ground paprika|
|1 pinch||Dry mixed herbs|
|¾ cup||Potato, mashed|
|½ cup||Tasty cheese, grated|
|2 tbsp||Tomato sauce, or bbq sauce|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Mix all the fritter ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan.
- Shape the fritter mixture into 5cm patties, cook in batches for several minutes on each side until golden.
- Once cooked, keep the fritters warm.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan. Heat the ham; set aside and keep warm. Fry the eggs.
- Combine tomatoes, spring onion, basil and olive oil to make a fresh tomato salsa.
- Serve fritters, ham and eggs with a helping of fresh tomato salsa and a grind of pepper.