Lime passionfruit cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|150 g||Butter, softened|
|3||Limes, finely zested|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC and grease a 22cm cake tin.
- Cream the butter, zest and sugar until pale, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in yoghurt, followed by the flour and spoon into prepared tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool cake before filling and icing.
- Whip the cream and fold through yoghurt. Halve the cake and spread with the filling.
- To make the icing, whisk the butter, water and icing sugar until smooth, stir in passionfruit and spoon over cake.