Spiced baked chicken
( SERVES 4 )
This requires very little work for the cook who deserves a break.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|½ tsp||Chilli flakes|
|2 tbsp||Thyme leaves|
|2 tbsp||Lemons, zest|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|8||Chicken thighs, trimmed|
|½ cup||Greek yoghurt, plain|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|1 tbsp||Fresh Italian parsley|
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs and toss to coat. Preheat the oven to 200 degC fan bake.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish lined with baking paper and roast uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. Season and set aside.
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, sea salt and parsley. Stir well. Place mixture in a serving bowl.
- Arrange chicken thighs on a serving platter. Drizzle the chicken with 2 to 3 tbsp of the juices from the baking dish.
- Serve with the yoghurt mixture.
Cook’s tip: A yoghurt-based accompaniment to the chicken is a healthy option. You could also add grated, peeled and deseeded cucumber, fresh mint and garlic.