Fig, blue cheese and Bacon Salad
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Preserved lemons, checks, cut into ting dice|
|2 tbsp||Fresh Italian parsley, chopped|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|5 tbsp||Grapeseed oil|
|150 g||Blue cheese|
|6 pieces||Streaky bacon|
|2 handfuls||Rocket leaves, washed|
|¼ cup||Roasted almonds|
|1 handful||Fresh parsley, chopped and some sprigs|
- Make the dressing by shaking all the ingredients together in a small jar. Set aside.
- To make the salad, wash the figs and cut in half. Break the cheese into small chunks.
- Cut each rasher in half. Heat the grill and cook the bacon until crisp and golden.
- Arrange the rocket leaves on a platter. Nestle the figs into the leaves and scatter the blue cheese and almonds over the rocket.
- Top with the hot bacon. Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve immediately.