sealord - Shrimp Pad Thai
( SERVES 2 )
Quick to make and is both healthy and satisfying. Have all your ingredients prepared and set out beside your wok in the order you will be using them as Pad Thai is all about fast cooking.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Dried flat rice noodles|
|3 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|200 g||Tofu, cut into 1cm dice|
|2||Shallots, very finely sliced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|2||Eggs, lighty beaten|
|3 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|3 tbsp||Fresh lime juice|
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Mung bean sprouts|
|3||Spring onions, trimmed and sliced|
|200 g||Sealord shrimps, drained|
|¼ cup||Roasted peanuts, chopped|
|1||Red chilli, small, deseeded and finely sliced|
|1 tbsp||Fresh coriander|
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes or until just al dente.
- Drain in a colander, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry tofu over a medium-high heat until golden.
- Add shallots and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute, taking care not to burn the garlic. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour in the eggs and cook for 30 seconds, tossing as they cook so they break into small pieces. Add fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Return noodles, tofu and shallots to the wok with bean sprouts, spring onions and Sealord Shrimps and toss well to heat through.
Serve in 2 deep bowls and top with your choice of toppings.