Party Food: Tuna filo parcels
( SERVES 20 )
Cumin, coriander and chilli adds bite to these tuna-filled filo parcels.
For more ideas on what to serve at the next party, check out our party food collection.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Onion, chopped finely|
|1 pinch||Chilli flakes|
|210 g||Canned tuna, drained|
|¼ cup||Parsley, chopped|
|¼ cup||Mint, chopped|
|9 sheets||Filo pastry|
|25 g||Butter, melted, for brushing filo|
|1 tbsp||Sesame seeds|
- In a frying pan heat the oil and add the onion and anchovies. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the cumin, coriander and chilli, and stir until fragrant. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the onions, tuna and herbs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Brush 1 sheet of filo with butter and place another on top. Cut into 5 strips crossways.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling at one end, brush the filo with butter, and roll into a triangle. Repeat until all the mixture has gone.
- Place the triangles on to a oven tray lined with baking paper.
- When ready to cook, preheat an oven to 180 degC. Brush the triangles with the remaining butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden in colour.