Salmon goujons with homemade tartare sauce
( SERVES 20 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|¼ cup||Fresh herbs, chopped roughly (dill, parsley, tarragon, chives)|
|¼ cup||Sunflower oil|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|1||Eggs, boiled, chopped roughly|
|¼ cup||Fresh herbs, chopped roughly|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Remove any skin and bones from the salmon, then slice into thin strips. Mix the herbs with the breadcrumbs.
- Dust each piece with flour, dip in egg and roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on clingfilm and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, capers, lemon, egg, herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat. Place the fish into the pan cooking for 3 or 4 minutes on each side until evenly golden.
- Serve the fish hot with the tartare sauce for dipping.