Individual lemon tarts
( SERVES 8 )
An exceptionally easy dessert to make, and one that can be made ahead of time. Making your own pastry only takes about 10 minutes, and will be worth that extra effort. These are perfect for a dinner party, and best served with fresh berries and of course, cream.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Place flour, sugar, butter and egg yolk into a processor and blitz until well combined and your dough is formed. Place on to a lightly floured bench. Roll until 5mm thickness and cut shapes to fit tins. Line pastry with baking paper and beans and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 160 degC.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well combined. Add lemon and cream and mix well. Pour into tins and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until just set.
- Serve with some of your favourite fruit, and optional candied lemon.