Buffalo mozzarella with prosciutto, shaved fennel and salsa verde
( SERVES 4 )
Get inspired by the versatility of fennel. Here, a tender young fennel bulb is shaved fresh into salad for a delightful crunch and subtle aniseed flavour.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|120 g||Buffalo mozzarella, balls, x2|
|12 slices||Prosciutto, thin|
|2||Fennel bulbs, medium|
|½ cup||Parsley, leaves, picked|
|½ cup||Fennel, tops. Picked and roughly chopped|
|½ cup||Salsa, (recipe for salsa verde below)|
- Gently cut mozzarella balls in half and place slightly off centre on 4 plates.
- Place 3 slices of prosciutto next to the mozzarella. Shave or finely slice fennel bulbs into a mixing bowl. Add parsley and fennel tops and toss together before dividing between each plate.
- Finish with a generous spoon of salsa verde over the shaved fennel and serve immediately.
- Place garlic, capers, anchovies and salt into a mortar and pestle and grind to a paste. Add basil and flat leaf parsley and grind until smooth. Add olive oil and muddle with the pestle.
- Mix in vinegar and mustard and reserve for later use.