Festive Fare: Cranberry and chocolate fudge slice
After a long night in the kitchen at Vinnies, I always look forward to a little snack when I get home and this super indulgent slice is a real treat. This slice is not baked — how cool is that?
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Plain biscuits, crushed to fine crumbs (superwine, roundwine, malt, Girl Guide)|
|1½ cups||Desiccated coconut|
|1 cup||Dried cranberries, chopped|
|1 can||Sweetened condensed milk|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Line a 20x30cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the biscuit crumbs, coconut and cranberries in a bowl.
- In a saucepan heat the condensed milk, butter and cocoa until bubbling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour hot mixture on the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press into the prepared tin and allow to cool.
- For the icing, mix together the icing sugar, cocoa, butter, vanilla and add enough water to form a smooth thick icing. Spread over the base.
- Portion with caution, then store in your biscuit tin.They’re pretty good straight from the fridge too.