Quinoa, bocconcini and summer vegetable salad
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Quinoa, rinsed and drained|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1||Red capsicum, seeds removed and sliced|
|1 handful||Kalamata olives, stones removed|
|200 g||Bocconcini, or 4 balls, sliced|
|1 handful||Basil leaf|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
- Cover the quinoa with water, bring to a boil then reduce and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff with a fork, season.
- Heat a pan, adding a little olive oil and begin to cook the vegetables in batches.
- Trim the carrot stalks and cook for 5 minutes, until golden. Repeat with the courgettes and capsicum slices, seasoning as you go.
- Lastly cook the eggplant which will need at least 2 Tbs olive oil and 10 minutes' cooking time.
- Add vegetables to the quinoa with the olives, bocconcini, basil and lemon, check for seasoning.