Apricot, almond and yoghurt fool
( SERVES 4 )
Apricots and almonds are a dream flavour match. Fruit fools are one of the easiest crowd-pleasing desserts and the variations you can create are endless. This fool is healthier than most, as it uses mostly yoghurt.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|12||Apricots, medium (about 800g), stones removed and chopped|
|1¼ cups||White sugar, (250g)|
|2 tsp||Orange blossom water, (optional)|
|1 cup||Natural yoghurt, sweetened|
|¾ cup||Cream, whipped to soft peaks|
|1½ tsp||Almond essence|
|1 tbsp||Honey, melted|
|1 cup||Apricot, stewed, cold (prepared as in recipe below)|
|½ cup||Sliced almonds, toasted|
Stewed Apricots (makes 2 1/2 cups)
- Place apricots, sugar and water in a pot and cook on medium heat, partially covered, until fruit collapses (about 15-20 minutes).
- Stir occasionally to prevent fruit catching and burning on the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in orange blossom water at the end if using.
Apricot, almond and yoghurt fool (serves 4)
- Fold yoghurt, whipped cream, almond essence and honey together.
- Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to use.
- Layer 4 serving glasses with 1 heaped tablespoon stewed apricots.
- Followed by ¼ cup yoghurt mixture, followed by another heaped tablespoon of stewed apricots and ¼ cup yoghurt mixture.
- Top with 1 more tablespoon stewed apricots and a sprinkling of almonds.
- Can be assembled and kept in the fridge up to two hours in advance.