Warm Treacle Tart
( SERVES 8 )
I used Pavillion gluten-free pastry from my supermarket freezer. However, regular sweet short pastry - store-bought or homemade - is fine.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Sweet short pastry|
|335 g||Golden syrup, (almost 1 cup)|
|1||Lemon, juiced and zested|
|4||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
- Thaw pastry, if necessary. Set the oven to 180 degC.
- Roll the pastry to 3mm thickness. Line a 22cm flan or tart pan with pastry. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Trim the edges. Line pastry with foil, fill with baking beans or raw rice. Bake blind for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, until golden. Cool.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into the cooled pastry shell. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set.
- This can be cooked ahead and warmed in the oven or microwave before serving. Serve with whipped cream or icecream.