Stir-fried Venison & Asian Salad
( SERVES 4 )
The salad ingredients should be underdone rather overdone.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Place the venison in a bowl. Combine the tamarind paste and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Mix into the venison and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry the venison for 1-2 minutes, until just cooked. Remove to one side.
- Wipe the pan out if required, add a little more oil and heat. Stir-fry the red onion for 1 minute. Add the sugar snap peas and kaffir lime leaves and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the bean sprouts, mint leaves and coriander and stir-fry briefly. Add the combined dressing ingredients and heat through then return the venison to the pan and warm through quickly.
- Serve immediately on steamed rice.