Duck sausages with lentils, mushrooms and sage
|300 g||Brown lentils|
|1 sprig||Fresh thyme|
|8||Sausages, (duck bratwurst)|
|1 packet||Mushrooms, assorted|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1 handful||Sage leaf|
- Place lentils, garlic, thyme, onion and bay in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Check after 20 minutes for tenderness, if ready, drain, discarding the garlic, thyme, onion and bay. S
- eason and keep the lentils warm.
- Heat a frypan, adding a little olive oil and toss the mushrooms until wilted, season and set aside, keeping warm.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil and cook the sausages over a medium to high heat until cooked through and a dark golden colour, set aside again, keeping warm.
- In a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup olive oil and when the surface begins to shimmer, drop the sage leaves in, a few at a time removing after 5 seconds with a slotted spoon.
- Place on paper towels. The oil is now nicely flavoured and can be reused.
- To serve, plate the lentils first, topping with the mushrooms then sausages and the crispy sage leaves.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL