This ridiculously simple recipe sounds weird but works.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Cream crackers|
|120 g||Brown sugar|
|200 g||Chocolate chips, or roughly chopped chocolate|
|100 g||Sliced almonds|
- Preheat your oven to 200 degC.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil, shiny side up.
- Layer with a packet of cream crackers, do not overlap.
- Melt 220g of butter and 120g of brown sugar. Bring to the boil and stir to blend.
- Pour this over the crackers and bake for 2-4 minutes until the mix begins to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 200g of chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate.
- Return to the oven until the chocolate is soft.
- Remove from the oven and with a spatula spread the chocolate across the crackers. Sprinkle with 100g of sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Break the bark into rough shapes.
Be very careful with the butter/sugar mix as it also has bad burn potential.
If the biscuits will not fit on to one baking dish, use two.
The crackers need to be flat on the tray.