Plain Scones - A baking lesson with Tui Flower
( SERVES 10 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Preheat oven to 200 degC - 210 degC. Position oven rack in top third of oven.
- Prepare oven tray by either lightly greasing or dusting with flour.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and stir in sugar.
- Put butter in a measuring cup and melt in microwave.
- Add milk to make up to the 1 cup measure.
- Tip into dry ingredients and quickly stir to combine to get a soft, slightly tacky dough. It may be necessary to add a little more milk.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and draw together to form an even block.
- Pat out to about 2-2 ½ cm thick piece.
- Flour the knife and cut into even-sized scones.
- Place close together on prepared tray.
- Bake about 12 minutes until risen and golden.
- Remove from tray onto a wire rack or into a cloth.