Courgette, edamame bean, mint and yoghurt soup
Photo by Janna Dixon
|2 cups||Stock, chicken or vegetable|
|2||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|1 cup||Edamame beans, or peas|
|1 cup||Natural yoghurt|
|1 handful||Mint leaves, shredded|
|1 squeeze||Lemon juice|
- Gently cook the spring onion in a little vegetable oil.
- Add the grated courgettes and edamame beans and sweat for a moment or two.
- Just cover with the stock. You may not need the whole amount, depending on the size of your courgettes.
- Simmer until the courgettes are just cooked.
- Add some of the mint and keeping the heat low, swirl in 2/3 of the yoghurt. It may look like it has "split" but this does not matter.
- Season with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a blob of the remaining yoghurt and more shredded mint.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL