Soba noodles with Sichuan fried tofu, greens and sesame
( SERVES 2 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|150 g||Soba noodles|
|150 g||Tofu, (silken)|
|1 tsp||Ground sichuan pepper|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|1 bunch||Gai lan, (rinsed and trimmed of any tough stalks)|
|1 tbsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
- Bring plenty of water to boil in a large pot. Gradually add the soba, stirring to prevent them sticking together.
- Cook until tender, drain and rinse. To reheat, dip briefly into boiling water then out into heated bowls.
- Combine cornflour and pepper. Cut tofu into cubes, dust lightly with cornflour and set aside.
- In a wok or frypan, heat the oil and when a shimmer is obvious on the surface of the oil, drop in the tofu. When coloured, turn over and cook the other side.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and add the gai larn and sesame. Stir for a minute or until the gai larn has wilted, then remove.
- Combine the noodles with the greens and sesame in serving bowls. Stir the dressing ingredients, season with salt if necessary then spoon over the noodles.