The humble pie
Cream cheese pastry
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
Bacon & Egg Pies
|1 dessert spoon||Tasty cheese|
|1 piece||Streaky bacon, cut|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Cream Cheese Pastry: Cut the butter and cream cheese into small cubes and bring to room temperature.
- Work together in your blender with the flour and salt until it just forms a ball.
- Remove and knead a little. The dough should feel like soft Plasticine and not be sticky.
- Wrap and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove from the fridge, bring to room temperature and roll as above. Dust your rolling pin with flour as well as the surface you are rolling on.
- When you have an even sheet, sit this on a tray and return to the fridge before using. Rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Bacon and egg pies: Cut a standard-size bought pastry sheet into 4 quarters. Sit each piece into a well greased muffin tin.
- Put a dessert spoon of grated tasty cheese into the base and snip a rasher of bacon (I like streaky) into the pie.
- Break one egg into this. Season well and stir the egg gently with a fork to mix up the ingredients. Don't try to blend it all, you want see the yolk and white.
- Cook as above in a medium oven.
- You could also add chopped spring onions, chopped chives or parsley, a few peas, small diced leftover cooked potato or a slice of tomato. Not all at once though, this is a small pie.