Indian goat curry with okra
|500 g||Goat meat, on the bone|
|1||Onion, peeled and sliced|
|6 cloves||Garlic, peeled and sliced|
|1 piece||Ginger, 5cm, peeled and sliced|
|2||Red chillies, de-seeded if less heat desired|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|2 tsp||Coriander seeds|
|2 tsp||Black mustard seeds|
|1 can||Tomato, 400g|
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|½ cup||Cucumber, de-seeded and finely diced (peeled if not telegraph)|
|1 tbsp||Mint leaves, chopped|
|1 squeeze||Lemon, juice|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and brown meat in batches. Remove, add onion and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- With a pestle and mortar, smash and grind the garlic, ginger, chillies, cumin seeds and coriander seeds to a rough paste.
- If using a spice (or coffee) grinder just grind the cumin and coriander. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger to the onions.
- Add the mustard seeds to the onions and when they begin to pop, add the ground mixture, stir for a few minutes then add the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover with lid, simmer on the stove top for 2 hours. Check seasoning.
- For the raita, combine all ingredients together.
- Serve the curry with plenty of boiled rice, Indian pickles, roti and raita.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL