Walnut & White Chocolate Cookies
If walnut meal is unavailable, use finely chopped walnuts.
Makes about 27.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Plain flour|
|1½ tsp||Baking powder|
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|¼ cup||Walnut oil, or canola oil|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar, lightly packed|
|1||Egg, large, lightly beaten|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¾ cup||White chocolate bits|
|1 cup||Walnut meal|
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- Using an electric beater, mix the butter, oil and sugar in a deep bowl until creamy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, white chocolate and walnut meal. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Roll into a 35cm-long log. Wrap in plastic film and chill for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC. Line one or two baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut the dough into 2cm-thick rounds and place on the baking trays about 3cm apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.