Chilli squid and potato
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Heat the oven to 180C. Scrub or peel the potatoes and slice thinly. Wash, drain and pat dry with paper towels, then toss with two tablespoons of the olive oil, plus a sprinkling of sea salt and black pepper. Arrange in a heavy frying pan, avoiding too many overlapping slices. Heat for a minute or two over direct heat, then place in the oven.
- Cross-hatch the inside of the squid tubes with a sharp knife and cut into 6cm x 4cm sections (each one should be about 15-18cm long). Chop the chillies finely, discarding the seeds if you want to lessen their heat.
- Toss the squid with the chillies, the remaining pure olive oil and the juice of one lemon.
- After 35-40 minutes, when the potato slices are golden-brown and partly crisp, heat a heavy frying pan and add the squid pieces and their marinade. Cook quickly, tossing constantly over high heat. They will be ready in a minute or two, when they have curled into tubes and the flesh is opaque right through (cut off a tiny piece to check).
- Arrange the potato slices on warmed plates, squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon over the squid, toss, then add to the potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, season and serve.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL