(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Get your family to help you peel the lemons, taking care not to get any pith.
- Throw the skin into a large sterilised jar until they reach the top.
- Pour over the vodka until all the peel is completely covered.
- Seal and store in a dark place for at least 48 hours. The longer you leave it, the stronger the flavour and better the colour, but you will get a very good limoncello in just two days.
- When you're ready to bottle your limoncello, make a syrup from the sugar and 900ml of water.
- Dissolve the sugar and boil for a few minutes until it takes on a syrup-like consistency. Cool.
- Strain the peel from the vodka and combine the now well-flavoured and coloured vodka with the syrup. Stir well and bottle.
- Always serve the limoncello very cold. We keep ours in the freezer.