Slow Cooker Duck
( SERVES 4 )
If you didn't bag your own duck then you could use free-range duck available from some butchers and supermarkets.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Duck, large, wild|
|4||Kaffir lime leaves|
|1 cup||Orange juice|
|2 tbsp||Root ginger, grated|
|2 tbsp||Palm sugar, or brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Wash and dry the duck. Prick the orange all over with a thin, sharp skewer.
- Insert in the cavity of the duck. Add 2 kaffir lime leaves. Truss the duck, if necessary.
- Combine the orange juice, root ginger, palm or brown sugar and soy sauce. Place the butter in the slow cooker.
- Place the duck on top. Pour the orange juice mixture over the top. Top with 2 more kaffir lime leaves and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for eight hours. Turn the duck halfway through cooking if preferred or baste occasionally.
- Remove the duck to a serving platter, cover and keep warm. Discard the fat from the slow cooker.
- Strain the liquid into a small saucepan and boil until slightly thickened. Serve with the duck.