Soba chicken noodle soup with fried shallots
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Boneless chicken thighs|
|200 g||Soba noodles|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|4 cups||Chicken stock|
|4 slices||Fresh ginger|
|2||Red chillies, (finely sliced)|
|1 tbsp||Sesame seeds|
|1 tbsp||Roasted peanuts, (finely chopped)|
- Preheat oven 200C, season and roast chicken 25 minutes, set aside and slice when cool.
- Cook soba in plenty of boiling water for 4 minutes, rinse, toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat peanut oil and fry shallots until crisp, remove from oil. Heat stock with lime and ginger until simmering.
- Arrange small bowls of sesame, peanuts, coriander and chilli. Ladle simmering stock into large bowls, then add noodles and chicken.
- People can help themselves from the small bowls and add fish sauce to season.