Coriander and lime grilled chicken
( SERVES 4 )
Boneless chicken thighs are ideal for barbecuing as they cook all the way through fast. When cooking any meat it should not be cold straight from the fridge, allow it to stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before cooking so it cooks through evenly (not overcooked on the outside while the inside is still cold.)
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ tbsp||Fish sauce, or soy sauce|
|1½ tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tsp||Ginger, finely grated or minced|
|8||Boneless chicken thighs, skinless (about 800g)|
|1 bunch||Coriander, washed roots, stems and leaves, chopped|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1||Lime, finely zested|
|¼ cup||Fresh lime juice|
- Blend all marinade ingredients together in a food processor (if you don’t have a food processor, chop the coriander very finely and mix with all other ingredients).
- Combine the chicken with marinade and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from fridge and stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook on a preheated barbecue grill (medium to high heat) for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with a salad or slice chicken and toss with cooked vermicelli noodles, chopped fresh mint, shredded carrot, cucumber and a dressing made of fish sauce, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and a bit of brown sugar.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL