Pasta with kumara and pumpkin
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tsp||Cracked black pepper|
|3 cups||Penne pasta|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to serve||Parmesan cheese|
- Heat the oven to 180 degC. Peel and de-seed the pumpkin and peel the kumara, cut into cubes about 2cmx2cm and place in a cast-iron frypan.
- Toss with the pure olive oil and most of the sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Bake in the oven, tossing occasionally, until just cooked (test regularly with a toothpick).
- Meanwhile, bring a large amount of water to the boil and season with the plain salt.
- When the vegetables are almost ready, add the pasta to the pot and cook for the time recommended on the packet ( 10-12 minutes).
- Drain well, but reserve a little of the cooking water.
- Season lightly with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Toss with the baked vegetable cubes, extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon or two of the hot cooking water - just enough to lightly moisten the dish.
- Serve in warmed pasta bowls. Grate the Parmesan cheese over the top and lightly toss once more.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of chopped chives or any other fresh green herb.