Sago with taro, plums and palm sugar
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4 cups||Water, (plus 1 cup extra)|
|½ cup||Taro, (peeled and cubed)|
|200 g||Palm sugar, (grated)|
|100 ml||Coconut cream|
- Boil water and slowly pour in sago, add taro and salt. Boil for 5 minutes, cover with well-fitting lid and turn off heat. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Pour sago into an oiled mould or individual moulds and chill for at least an hour.
- Combine palm sugar with 1 cup water and simmer 15 minutes until sugar dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, halve plums, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the palm sugar syrup and roast for 15 minutes.
- Serve sago with plums, spooning over palm sugar syrup and coconut cream.