Asparagus with Prosciutto and Parmesan
( SERVES 6 )
This is a great first dish to serve when asparagus season starts; it makes a simple light lunch. To make it with variations, pile the asparagus onto some crispy fried squares of polenta, top with a soft-poached egg and then a drizzle of truffle oil instead of extra virgin olive oil. A piece of grilled crusty baguette can be substituted for the polenta.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|30||Asparagus, plump spears, peeled|
|2 tbsp||Unsalted butter, softened|
|120 g||Parmesan cheese|
|5 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil, add the asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the hot asparagus to a large bowl with the butter and toss the asparagus around until it is well coated.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter and pile the prosciutto loosely on top.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make thin shavings of parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle these on top and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and pepper.