Whole baked blue cod with almond and caper brown butter sauce
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
Brown butter sauce
|3 tbsp||Slivered almonds, toasted|
|2 tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 190°degC. Slash each fish on both sides towards the head to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Stuff the cavity with lemon slices and herbs, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste, then place in a baking dish.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until just cooked, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- While the fish is resting, heat a stainless-steel frying pan over a high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the butter and move it around the pan to melt evenly. Cook the butter until it takes on a rich brown colour with a nutty aroma.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice to stop the butter cooking further.
- Add the almonds, capers and parsley. Season to taste, then pour the still bubbling sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with lemon halves.