Stirfried lettuce, snowpeas and prawns
Cooking lettuce sounds weird to you? It is definitely worth it, as the first bite of this simple and delicious Japanese recipe will prove
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 piece||Ginger, 5cm, cut into matchsticks|
|1||Garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|10||Prawns, green, (uncooked) peeled|
|1 cup||Snow peas, stems removed|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 to serve||Light soy sauce|
|1 to serve||Lemon, cut into wedges,|
- Slice across large cos leaves 2 or 3 times to cut it into large chunks. Keep small leaves intact.
- Toss cos with salt in a colander and leave to drain for 10 minutes. Pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add sesame oil then half of the ginger and all of the garlic.
- Stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add prawns, then cos. Stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes, then add snowpeas for final 1 minute, seasoning with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls. Pour 1 tsp soy sauce over each portion.
- Scatter remaining ginger over the top and offer lemon on the side.