Chunky Fresh Green Vegetable Salad
( SERVES 8 )
This recipe serves 8-10 as part of a large meal but can be doubled for an even bigger crowd.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces|
|2 stalks||Celery, sliced into 2cm pieces|
|1 head||Broccoli, cut into small florets|
|4 cups||Mesclun leaves, washed|
|1 handful||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|1||Lemon, for juice and zest|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|4 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Plunge the beans, celery and broccoli into the water and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain well and run the vegetables under cold water for 2 minutes to cool them quickly and ensure they remain bright green.
- Place the mesclun in a large salad bowl and toss with the cooked vegetables.
- If working ahead, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the salad with the parsley and fold gently so all the vegetables are coated. Serve at once.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL