( SERVES 16 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 can||Condensed milk, 395g|
|1 tbsp||Golden syrup|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 tbsp||Plain flour|
- Preheat oven 180 degC. Cream butter and sugar then add egg, fold in flour and press into lined slice tin and bake 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan gently melt the condensed milk, butter, golden syrup, sugar and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Stir in egg yolks and flour then when cool, pour over base. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- While beating, sprinkle sugar over the whites until meringue is firm and glossy.
- Spoon over caramel and bake for 20-25 minutes.