Intestines, eyeballs with gangrene and tomato
This is a quick pasta dish to be enjoyed by the whole family before going out trick or treating.
|8||Sausages, or 4 burger patties|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Onion, finely sliced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|½ tsp||Marjoram, dried, or oregano|
|2 cans||Canned tomatoes, 400g each, sieved|
|2 cups||Silverbeet, sliced, or spinach|
|450 g||Spaghetti, or fine fettuccine|
|1 to serve||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Bring a saucepan of water to a quick simmer and season.
- Wet your hands in cold water, mash the burger patties together, then roll into balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, marjoram and balls.
- Cover with a lid and cook gently for 10 minutes before adding the sieved tomato and sliced silverbeet.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain well and toss with the butter.
- Season, then serve into bowls and top with the “eyeballs” and “gangrene”.
- Finish with a sprinkling of tomato and parmesan.