( SERVES 10 )
A perfect treat for a picnic. These are not as sweet as your classic cinnamon rolls - drizzle a little golden syrup on top to make them extra gooey!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Active dried yeast|
|150 g||Butter, melted|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Milk, (warm)|
- Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a small bowl and leave to activate for about 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and add the eggs, butter and milk. Add the yeast mixture and form a slightly wet dough.
- Place on a lightly floured bench and knead until smooth. Allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Add a little more flour and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to approximately 50cm x 30cm.
- Spread dough with the soft butter and cover with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Starting with the long side closest to you, roll up tightly to form a sausage. Cut into 10 pieces.
- Cut each piece through vertically almost all the way, then fold open and place in greased jumbo Texas muffin pans.
- Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough springs back when pressed lightly.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Check out our picnic favourites collection for more inspiration...