The best afghans
This mix makes 650g of dough, which we formed into 50g biscuits.
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|1 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tbsp||Butter, softened|
|3 tbsp||Water, boiling|
|¼ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degºC.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the coconut and vanilla essence.
- Sift the four and cocoa and add to the bowl.
- Mix well and add the cornflakes. Lightly blend.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a lightly greased baking tray, allowing room for them to spread.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool then spread with chocolate icing.
- Icing: Sift sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add butter, then water and vanilla.
- Beat to a spreadable consistency. Once iced, top biscuits with a walnut half.