Apricot and prune cake
You don’t have to use a ring tin, but it does make the cake look great.
|¾ cup||Dried apricots, chopped|
|¾ cup||Pitted prunes, chopped|
|1||Water, or cold tea for soaking|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cups||Brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||Ground cinnamon|
- Cover the chopped apricot and prunes with water or cold, strained tea. Leave for a few hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degC and grease a 25cm ring tin or a square 23cm cake tin.
- Cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, dried ingredients, milk and the drained fruit last.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Place one half of the batter in the greased tin then sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture on top. Repeat the layers until both mixtures are used.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.