Cranberry Christmas truffles
These are so good – imagine a full chocolate flavour and sweet chewy fruit. Just make sure you leave some for Santa! They are also ideal for junior samplers as the recipe contains no alcohol.
|1½ cups||Milk powder, (dried)|
|4 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|½ cup||Cranberries, dried, sweetened|
|1||Cocoa powder, to coat truffles|
|1||Icing sugar, to coat truffles|
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk and butter together very gently until the butter melts. Do not boil.
- Pour this over the cocoa mixture. Mix well together.
- If the mixture is too weak, add a little more milk powder.
- Roll into small balls, about walnut size – these truffles are rich.
- Roll them in the additional cocoa or icing sugar and then gently cover.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container to be eaten when desired.
Cook's tip: Make the same truffle and roll in coconut for a taste sensation that’s just as good!