Festive Fare: Cranberry Christmas truffles
( SERVES 26 )
Imagine a full chocolate flavour and sweet chewy fruit. Just make sure you leave some for Santa. They are also ideal for junior samplers as the recipe contains no alcohol.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Milk powder, (dried)|
|4 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|½ cup||Cranberries, dried, sweetened|
|1||Cocoa powder, to coat truffles|
|1||Icing sugar, to coat truffles|
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk and butter together very gently until the butter melts. Do not boil.
- Pour this over the cocoa mixture. Mix well together.
- If the mixture is too weak, add a little more milk powder.
- Roll into small balls, about walnut size – these truffles are rich.
- Roll them in the additional cocoa or icing sugar and then gently cover.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container to be eaten when desired.
Cook's tip: Make the same truffle and roll in coconut for a taste sensation that’s just as good!