Turkey and ham parcels
( SERVES 8 )
This dish is perfect for the cook who wants to be able to control portions and who loves dishing up to be easy on Christmas Day.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Canola oil, for cooking|
|480 g||Turkey breast, cut into 2 1/2cm pieces|
|500 g||Champagne ham, cut into 2 1/2 cm pieces|
|2 cups||Corn kernels|
|1 tbsp||Sage, dried|
|1 cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 cup||Cranberries, dried sweetened|
|250 g||Sour cream|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
|24 sheets||Filo pastry|
|1 spray||Canola oil|
|2 tbsp||Poppy seeds|
- Heat a little canola oil in a large pan and cook the turkey in batches very lightly for only 30 seconds each side, so there’s still a little pink in the meat.
- Place the turkey, ham, corn, sage, parsley, cranberries and sour cream in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Lay one sheet of filo vertically on the bench, spray it lightly with oil, then repeat with more lo until you have 3 layers. Cover the remaining lo pastry with a damp tea towel to stop it drying out.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC (fan bake).
- Place 1 cup of the turkey mixture at the bottom edge of the layered filo. Wrap the pastry around it to create a large sausage shape, then pull in the sides to create a parcel.
- Lightly spray the completed parcel with canola oil and top with a few poppy seeds.
- Repeat the process to make eight parcels, then place the parcels on a tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until they’re a light golden brown.